Donate button

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A few thousand miles, a couple new states!

I just got back from about a month of traveling around not just the US, but a bit of Canada as well! Sarah and I started out by heading up from Denver to visit her friend Heather in Great Falls, MT for about a week before we continued on to Lethbridge Alberta. We stopped at Waterton national park just over the boarder and kayaked around a gorgeous lake that was probably over 8,000ft high cause we were surrounded by snow! After spending almost three weeks hanging out in Lethbridge and Calgary and some boonie-ville town called drumheller seeing all of Sarah's family and friends we drove back down through Montana to take some main highways all the way to new york. The first day of that drive we got about half way through north Dakota trying to find a hotel with a room available for about qpp miles before finally giving up and buying a tent and air mattress from Walmart at 4:30am and camping right in a grassy patch in their parking lot! It was very hot and humidity so we needed to shower in the morning but all we had access to was the sinks in Wally world's bathrooms so we took all our bath supplies and got as cleaned up as possible before making it to Fargo.

Fargo?!?! Sounds familiar! So we meet again... This time around the fields weren't completely flooded and we met some awesome folks at the Fargo dropzone! The jump was awesome and I should be having video of the great three way sit flying action that ensued... I ha en definitely been slacking in the video blog department but this time I got some great footage and some half-way decent video blog worthy commentary so I promise I will get a video put together!

Aaaanyway... After a fun night hanging out with the peeps in Fargo we headed off to Indiana to stay with some of my family one ast time before Thailand and to get some rest before one last push to New York where we stayed in Quogue which is on long island right next to the Hamptons! A few days into the stay with Sarah's grandma we decided to go to the Long Island dropzone where I got to jump out of one HUGE ASS PLANE!! It's called a carribu... Picture of me after the jump next to the plane at the bottom of the post... There were about 25 skydivers inside and it probably could have fit 20 more... 13,500ft later the huge taigate lowered and two strangers and myself were the first out the door! Landing amidst that many jumpers that didn't seem to have experience landing near more than one other skydiver seemed to be a zoo... But we all got down safely and I threw my unpacked gear into the car and made the whole dz trip take no more than 45 min!

So now here I am a short flight away from Long Island in Denver writing this up waiting for the video of the ND jump... Sarah and I leave for Thailand on the 15th which is only 6 days away and we have a lot of preparation to do before that trip... That's all for now folks!!

1 comment: